Tuesday 2 December 2014

Unique Christmas tree on a budget




red, turquoise, yellow and white  Christmas tree


This christmas I decided to do something completely different (for me) with my tree!

I seem to be in a bit of a yellow phase as I have added it to several rooms as an accent. 
It is not a traditional Christmas colour so to make it part of my decor took a bit of DIY.


Gold balls were purchased at my local thrift store. Most of the red glass balls came from the 
same thrift store. The wooden snowflakes and stars are from Michaels. 




I put The Martha Stewart fine yellow glitter on the stars using spray adhesive.


Easy cheap diy christmas ornaments

The yellow colours look a little off in the pics ( it must be the lighting). I spray painted all the
 ornaments in a large shallow box lined with foil. Cut up cardboard rolls were used for support.

Yellow christmas ornaments



Peace Christmas ornament

Turquoise has been one of my colours for a few years, consequently I had a lot 
ornaments in that colour. I found the peace ornaments on sale last year.


Joy christmas ornament

 Inexpensive gold Joy ornaments from Target were spray painted and glittered yellow.

Love christmas ornament

Red glitter card stock was the base for the word love. I made a pattern the size I wanted and 
cut out the words by hand with very small scissors. (pattern to follow)

Hope christmas ornament

In the same way the word hope is cut out of white card stock,
sprayed with adhesive and covered in white glitter. 

The patterns:








turquoise, red and yellow christmas gift boxes


A good tip is to wrap some boxes (the lids and bottoms separately) in colours to match your tree.
When christmas comes you can  pop some last minute gifts into them and presto: all wrapped!

Unique and colorful  christmas tree

Turn on the lights!

 I plan to share more of my Christmas decor ideas in my next post.

Enjoy your decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments