Wednesday 8 February 2012

More Crocheted Bags



As promised here are the rest of the bags I crocheted to go with the handles I had purchased.

Large flower crochet bag







Colourful stripes crochet bag

                                  I used this pattern:  crochet bag pattern 

I made my stripes a little different from the pattern. It really doesn't matter what colors you use or how many rows you make of one color so it would be a good project for using up wool scraps.  










For both of these bags I used patons classic wool and felted it as in the" intarsia" crochet bag on another post.  I also did not leave it flat but brought in the sides and tacked them . The bags still fully open and hold a lot. 

The flowers are made without a real pattern but there are many good links to patterns here.






The final bag was completely different as the handles I found were more unique:

Black and white crochet bag
The pattern for this bag is found  here 


This bag was crocheted out of nylon so has a completely different feel.

All the bags are fully lined and a piece of plastic was inserted in the bottom between the lining and the outside in the black and white  one so that it would stand up straight.

I am sorry I didn't take a picture of the inside of the bags. The black and white one has a black and white striped ticking as lining.


All of these are fun to make. Happy Crocheting!

2 comments:

  1. I especially like that first one. ;) It's a well-loved, well-used bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BJ, those look fabulous! My grandmother and mother were big crocheter's, but sadly I never could get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete

comments