Saturday 21 January 2012

Felted Intarsia Crochet


A couple of years I go I was at Fabricland and found several purse handles on a very good sale and since it is hard for me to resist a real bargain I bought four, planning at some point to make my daughter and three daughters-in-law bags for Christmas.  

I really wanted to try some things I had never done before and "Intarsia crochet" was new to me and I also wanted to do some felting. I found this pattern at:ravelry.com/patterns//viktoria-purse. I used: patons yarns classic wool .

It did take me a while to make and I seemed to have a little trouble keeping count of stitches so did a bit of taking out in the process but I am satisfied with the end result . I will try other patterns like this.

I lined the bag and attached the handles with grosgrain ribbon sewn  between the lining and the outside

There are many tutorials for bag lining online here is one:simple-lining-tutorial

There are many instructions for felting wool. Here is a link: easy felting tutorial





I will share the other three bags I made on another post.  



1 comment:

  1. I just looked up intarsia and it looks very complicated. I forgot how cute this bag was!

    ReplyDelete

comments